Sunday, February 21, 2010

What I Really Sent to Rolling Stone

"published" in the March 4, 2010 issue of Rolling Stone:

Wow. I have always had a deep appreciation for John Mayer's music, but I feel somewhat disappointed by the way in which he is handling his fame. Your recent article mentioned several other "guitar greats" of the level that I think John would aspire to, and who certainly hand a hand in shaping his sound. Of these artists, I could not tell you who Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Guy, or Jimi Hendrix ever shared a bed with. It's a sad fact that Mayer's sexual conquests have become such a large part of his resume.

Zach Wilson
Glenwood Springs, CO

Needless to say, I am a little upset that RS decided to edit this. Call it sour grapes, what have you. I was all kinds of stoked to see my opinion in print. I wanted to at least hang the clip on my fridge, but damn if I'm embarrassed to even have this simple pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment